Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Reflection (Week 6 of 6)

As I read the article on the Independent site, it seems to me that Dr. Eland has a bias in this article. I credit him with giving facts to start out the article. But as the article winds down he just straight out says that we should prosecute the Bush administration from top to bottom. Whether I agree or not, I'll get to that later, he plainly states his intention, he doesn't let the reader come away with their own view. You can't help but be influenced by his thoughts because there was no other side, the Bush administration had no defense. As much as I dislike the Bush era, and George Bush himself, this country is based on fair trial, and this site would not be reliable evidence for me to fairly "prosecute" them or not. Mr. Eland makes good points, but I sure some Right-wing columnist has just as much proof to completely disprove why we should prosecute Bush higher-ups. It is the nature of politics to make people completely lean one way on an issue. It is hard to deny this man credibility due to his high-level education, but he is definitely bias and I don't blame him. The box at the bottom justifies why he is supposed to be credible. It seems to be an online newspaper of sorts. The info seems to be reliable, but more names on who says torture didn't work, those names need to be just as reliable as the writer.

In my own opinion, I have no political affiliation, just because I do think that politics is full of corrupt liars who are only out to achieve their agenda for their party. I do vote anyway though, because I don't want to be one of those people who complains but didn't even bother to try. Yet, I find myself aligning with Barrack Obama, because, I really think he is trying to do what is best, maybe not for us, but he doesn't want to be the president who came in at a bad time and left us at about the same shape or worse. Race never had anything to do with my thoughts on him, I just think the crisis brings out the true person out of a president. He must act quick and correctly or we all go to hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment